Sunday, May 18, 2008

To Homeschool Or Not To Homeschool....That Is The Question!

We have been trying to decide what to do as far as education goes with David. We are not at all impressed with schooling here (that is putting it nicely). Anyway, neither my hubby nor myself are homeschooling advocates, but when we see soo many things that seem sooo absurd, it made us start to think about other options. There is a private christian school here in town, but much to our dismay, the teachers are not accredited and we have heard not such great things. Also, it only goes to sixth grade so that really is not an option anymore anyway. What do you do? You want the best for your kids, but what is the best?

I was able to go and educate myself a little further on homeschooling this weekend. There was a conference about three hours from home and they had all of the curriculum vendors present. It was such a great time, not just for the education, but I went with two girlfriends! I had an entire day (7:30 am to 6:30 pm) with no children!! I didn't know what to do quite frankly. I enjoyed our girly talks and just plain old fashioned fun! YEAH! I cannot remember the last time that happened...maybe before Braydon?? Daddy had a great boy day with the kiddos doing yard/outside work. He looked beat upon my return, though. I am sure he was glad to see me. I was very thankful that he allowed me the opportunity to go and have a day to myself (I didn't know there was such a thing, really). What a great hubby.

Husband and I are still figuring things out....but we know the Lord will lead us into the right direction.

No comments: