Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Well, that situation is mine! I will have to give credit where credit is due, though. Claritin is keeping my misery at a minimum for about 22 1/2 hours of the 24...which is pretty good.
Maybe in the Caribbean the pollen or whatever is in the air here will be better......
Friday, September 24, 2010
The next morning he couldn't get out of bed without feeling like he was going to be sick because he was so dizzy. I thought maybe he was coming down with something or that I had accidentally given him food with gluten in it (before I was educated in the GF world, I had, on occasions, loaded him up with gluten and didn't know it). So, I started going through everything that I had fixed him for the past couple days...nope, nothing! He must be coming down with something, I thought. NO, not right before the cruise! Anyway, he was better around 3 or 4 in the afternoon...he ate..showered...went to a soccer game with me....then he handed me a note when he was off to bed telling me what he had done the night prior....at least he told me the truth. I know it has to be extremely hard to not eat certain things as a kid; I reminded him to continue to pray for help and shared this verse with him:
1 Corinthians 10:13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
I know David can do it.....
Thursday, September 23, 2010
I just love the way God puts amazing and interesting people in my life!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Let's see if at this time next week if I am even able to construct a sentence for a blog!! haha
Saturday, September 18, 2010
- Shooting Sports (4-H club) David is currently the Secretary for the group....In December, he is going to try and go for President/Vice President or Photographer...he is not a big fan of recording the minutes in the meetings!
- Teen Court (acting as prosecuting attorney)
- Toastmasters (youth leadership/public speaking group)
- W.W.Y.D. Founder (This is something David has come up with for his fellow classmates at BJU. Every morning, before school starts, he posts a blog on his school blogroll asking all the kids a "what would you do" question. An example would be, "Suppose a bear snatched you up and took you to his cave-like abode, and upon arrival he asks you if you would like to dine on "tea and crumpets" with him? Then the kiddos all have the chance to comment on the post. He started this a couple of weeks ago and got about 10 comments per post, but now, it is very popular and BUNCHES of kids comment and cannot wait for his daily question! I think it's kind of neat, I would have never thought about doing something like that. The blog is just supposed to be a social networking device and kids mostly just use it like a "supervised" chat room...leave it to my kid! Secretly, I get excited to see what the next question is too...will not tell him that, though! His head doesn't need to be inflated to that extreme!! :)
- He really wants to try fencing and take a pottery class. I did find out from a friend that "Kana"has fencing lessons... so we will see about that!
- Working on finding some sort of volunteering programs for teens, but this will probably be done through 4-H.
- Music Lessons
- Shooting Sports (4-H)
- Nature Seekers (4-H)
- Tennis Lessons
- T-Ball in the Spring
- Junior Bible Quiz
- He really would like to do Karate....but Chris and I are still debating on making him a weapon as of right now! :)
- World Geography
- Building a Power House (Experiment that uses renewable energy resources, ie; solar, wind, electrochemical, and plant energy.) In this house we will be building a solar oven, a water distillation plant, a wind powered generator, a refrigerator, and an air conditioner to name a few! We are VERY excited to start this project this next semester!
- Since David is really into mechanical/robotic engineering, we are also going to be building some robots and programming them to do specific tasks!! FUN!
There are several other things we are going to plan on this year as well...will keep you in the "know"!
Braydon is doing Kindergarten/1st Grade this year and we are working on the following:
- Science (Mostly learning about some different bugs/animals and their habitats...some experiments for him as well.) Can you tell I am a science geek?? :)
- Math (Learning time, money, addition, subtraction, estimation, measurements, and mastering counting by 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, and 10s!) He loves Math...YAY!!
- Spelling (He has already started to sound out, spell, and write words and sentences on his own and we haven't even discussed it!!) Granted, the words are not even really close to being correct, but I am SO proud of the effort!
- Geography (We are learning about the 50 states...the capital, a fact about each of them, the state flag, and motto.)
- Bible/Junior Bible Quiz (Competitive-type program with our church that is kind of like Jeopardy...Braydon REALLY likes the buzzers!)
I am going to find some little projects for Braydon as well, just have not pinpointed what they may be yet...thought about getting an incubator and having him hatch some quail eggs...we shall see!!