Monday, August 10, 2009

D-Day....Or Dentist Day.

Today is the day I have been putting off for a few years now! I am taking the plunge...all four wisdom teeth are coming out of my head. I don't know why they are called wisdom teeth...they contain only trouble...causing just plain ridiculosity when they show themselves! Goofy things. Anyway, they are causing serious issues in my mouth, and if I don't want to become septic, I need to woman-up and just do it.

So, I am not allowed to eat before the surgery, and my stomach is growling as I type. It's a great appetite suppressant, huh? (Except for my appetite is not really suppressed, just not permitted...hurumph.) My surgery is at 2:00 p.m. and we have to take the long drive to Kana to make it happen. Maybe I will take a nap on the way there so the suspense of the drive will not keep creeping up on me....or I will just uncontrollably jabber until my husband's ear falls off. That will be a fun hour for him.

Couple things about the procedure that you all may find amusing! There is a slight chance that afterwards my stitches could come out prematurely causing drinking to be an entirely different experience for me and everyone around. You see, my tooth sits very close to my sinus cavity and if not perfect, I could leak liquid from my nose each time I take a drink! How wonderful! Won't I be the life of the party? The kids will just love me....maybe I will make it on the internet!

I am sure everything will go as needed...just thought I would get a few thoughts off of my chest. I will post about my experience soon...

No comments: