Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back From The Dead.

I have one major statement about my surgery! I will NEVER have to do it again. I don't know if I would ever recommend getting all four teeth cut out of your head at the same time, but I lived through it so I am sure it's a common practice.

I was told by the first surgeon I went to that I would have to have my left jaw broken and wired shut afterwards, but the doc that did it didn't seem to think that particular procedure was necessary. He did say it would probably feel about the same post-operatively....yay for me! Anyway, the teeth were sliced out, stitched up, and all I had to show for it was bulldog cheeks and a bruised face.

The post-op period was definitely not fun, but I am doing very well now and I appreciate everybody's calls and generosity......thanks!

No comments: