- World Geography
- Building a Power House (Experiment that uses renewable energy resources, ie; solar, wind, electrochemical, and plant energy.) In this house we will be building a solar oven, a water distillation plant, a wind powered generator, a refrigerator, and an air conditioner to name a few! We are VERY excited to start this project this next semester!
- Since David is really into mechanical/robotic engineering, we are also going to be building some robots and programming them to do specific tasks!! FUN!
There are several other things we are going to plan on this year as well...will keep you in the "know"!
Braydon is doing Kindergarten/1st Grade this year and we are working on the following:
- Science (Mostly learning about some different bugs/animals and their habitats...some experiments for him as well.) Can you tell I am a science geek?? :)
- Math (Learning time, money, addition, subtraction, estimation, measurements, and mastering counting by 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, and 10s!) He loves Math...YAY!!
- Spelling (He has already started to sound out, spell, and write words and sentences on his own and we haven't even discussed it!!) Granted, the words are not even really close to being correct, but I am SO proud of the effort!
- Geography (We are learning about the 50 states...the capital, a fact about each of them, the state flag, and motto.)
- Bible/Junior Bible Quiz (Competitive-type program with our church that is kind of like Jeopardy...Braydon REALLY likes the buzzers!)
I am going to find some little projects for Braydon as well, just have not pinpointed what they may be yet...thought about getting an incubator and having him hatch some quail eggs...we shall see!!