Friday, September 24, 2010

Oops!

Wednesday night at church, Powerhouse (the teen's church) had refreshments for the kiddos.  They passed around Capri Suns and HUGE chocolate chip cookies.  David decided that this was just too much of a temptation and decided he would have a big ol' cookie!  Well, that would have been just great if he wasn't gluten free....

The next morning he couldn't get out of bed without feeling like he was going to be sick because he was so dizzy.  I thought maybe he was coming down with something or that I had accidentally given him food with gluten in it (before I was educated in the GF world, I had, on occasions, loaded him up with gluten and didn't know it).  So, I started going through everything that I had fixed him for the past couple days...nope, nothing!  He must be coming down with something, I thought.  NO, not right before the cruise!  Anyway, he was better around 3 or 4 in the afternoon...he ate..showered...went to a soccer game with me....then he handed me a note when he was off to bed telling me what he had done the night prior....at least he told me the truth.  I know it has to be extremely hard to not eat certain things as a kid; I reminded him to continue to pray for help and shared this verse with him:

1 Corinthians 10:13  The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

I know David can do it.....

No comments: