Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This Is Just Awesome...Please Take The Time To Watch!

I am proud to say that the "someone" in this news clip is my Dad!!

http://www.fox59.com/videobeta/b3a029c5-9fbd-4f84-9aca-3da9ebbe2a14/News/Southport-tree-replanted-in-honor-of-fallen-heroes

Please....check this out! This is really neato!

This is the note that my Dad attached to the tree...

Please Don't Cut Me Down!

"I am not impeding traffic; I am not blocking anyone's view. There are plenty of eyesores that need to be cut down in this city, but I am not one of them. I am not just a weed. I represent a lot of things-the memory of his mom, son, mother-in-law, father-in-law of the guy who planted me-fallen soldiers and those in service who are sons and daughters of the people who decorate me-a fallen police officer-people fighting illness-hope and a lot of other things too numerous to list.

My sole purpose is to show God's love for you in a practical way. I have big roots to fill...my cousin whom used to be here made over 7400 people smile when they didn't really have much to smile about!

That is a miracle from God!

So before you fire up the chainsaw, remember I have over 7000 friends watching me. Leave me alone and let me do my job!

P.S. Don't forget to smile and say a prayer once in a while! God is watching you too!"

It is just little acts of kindness such as these that make God's world GREAT!! I love this story...

No comments: