Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Make Weird Moles??

Monday, I went to the dermatologist to get some moles checked out. The doc ended up taking one of them off of my back to be sent out for "pathological investigation". I will know in five days whether it is some sort of melanoma or just an irregular mole....so I am assuming I will know early next week.

The doc also informed me that I have dysplastic nevi. This means that I make weird moles and will need to be monitored every six months to keep an eye out for "suspicious mole making". Oh joy!

Since the mole that was removed was on the middle of my back, wound care management is a little tricky and really not possible for me to do. Good ol' hubby to the rescue! Thank goodness I have him to help me! I know he just loves doing it....haha!

No comments: