Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Serious Situation!

Setting: Just finished a game of UNO, heading to the bedroom for beddy-bye time.

Braydon: "Mommy, there is something that I have been meaning to ask you for a loooong time."
Me: (Thinking this is probably going to be one of those serious, take your time to answer questions.) "Okay...well go for it."
Braydon: "Well, I don't really know how to say this...soooooo I have this itch on my butt and it will not go away, no matter what I do."
Me: (Snickering, but trying to remain serious....because this is really an issue for him.) "Let Mommy take a look." (Proceed to check out the area in question.)
Braydon: "Well Mom, what is it?" "Is my butt going to have to be cut off?"
Me: (Trying soooo hard not to laugh out loud) "No honey, it is not going to fall off, you just have a mosquito bite on your bottom. Let's go put some medicine on it to make it stop itching."
Braydon: "Whew, that was a close one...thought I was going to have to have surgery!"

Husband heard the entire thing from the living room and was laughing hysterically upon my return! Kids...gotta love 'em.

No comments: