Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Birthday...30th, Just Another Day.

Tuesday was the day, the day that I had unknowingly regretted for several years previous. I was 30 and there was no stopping it.

So, at the ripe age of thirty, life is pretty good. I cannot complain, well I could talk about how after childbirth I have stretch marks that I could name and put on a map they are so large, but why waste the time. I have better things to do...such as scrubbing toilets and cutting the crusts off of sandwiches because as all moms know, there is an obvious disease that you can catch from that part of the bread. Wonder really should put a warning on their bags, but anyway, there has to be worse things in life than just turning the big 3-0. Let me know if you can think of any.

I have decided to list a few things that I will never be able to do again...just as therapy (I know what you are thinking, but it's not negative, just the truth).
  • Wear a string bikini. (Let's face it, I couldn't do that at 29...or anytime since David was born)
  • Say that I am in my twenties.
  • Get another birthday card without buzzards and/or a RIP sign on it.
  • Remember anything.

I guess there are a few things to look forward to:

  • Getting closer to having an AARP card.
  • Senior Citizen discount.
  • A knee replacement.
  • Hair turning gray and or white.
  • Silver Sneakers program at the gym!

All and all I think it was just another day in Smithville. I don't really feel much older, so I guess it is going to be an uneventful thing...that is until I reach 40....then I may need to be hospitalized for trauma. Remember I live with all testosterone filled boys, I could already be legally crazy!

Happy birthday to me!

1 comment:

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

I didn't know it was your birthday! (I also didn't know you were soooo old either, ha, ha)The hardest part about turning 30 is all of the time you spend dreading it (I know because I turned 30 in January and spent months worrying about it) You are only as old as you feel, right? Or as old as your kids make you feel. Happy Birthday even though it is a little late.