Friday, March 14, 2008

Water Logged.

It's Friday, so we went to the park to have our weekly play group fun. It was going to be wonderful, the sun was shining and it was just a beautiful day. We had an Easter egg hunt and then a nice pitch in lunch afterwards. The kids were having a blast (they were digesting sugar by the second) and we, the moms, were enjoying eachother's company.

We stayed a little longer than usual because it was so nice outside we couldn't force ourselves to leave Mother Nature. I saw Braydon just having a delightful time with his friends by the swings. I knew there was water underneath them, but I didn't really think that much about it. One of the ladies in the group said, "Amber, you should go check out our ninos". I walked over to find my boy laying down in the pooled water. He had playground covering (chopped up tires) in every crevice of his body. He was just hanging out on his belly like a frog on his lilly pad sunning himself. Life was good for Braydon. Then he continued his water voyage by taking his play stroller and running through the water like he was competing for a monster truck show.

Now, for those of you who know me well, you know that I have a little problem (okay, maybe more than little) with OCD and anxiety about getting dirty. (I have a few more crazy quirks, but who's counting, right?) I have made remarkable strides towards being "more normal" though. I actually laughed this one off and it felt kinda good!?! Weird, huh?

Anyway, I stripped Braydon down, (I haven't come far enough to put him in my truck looking like that) then put a flannel shirt of Chris' on him, and buckled him in. Braydon really liked riding bare-butt to flannel in the truck. It must be the Arkansas influence, hehe. When we arrived home, I immediately put him in the tub and scrubbed him down....whew, all better now. I can breathe again.

It sounded like I was doing better for a minute, didn't it? Well, a girl can't ask for everything all at once now, can she!

Braydon had a great day at the park and Mommy had a great day of psycho-therapy! Oh yeah, I also had a marvelous time visiting with all my super gal pals!

No comments: