Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Taking Down the Wall....paper.


When we purchased our home, we knew that we would have to change the color of all the boys' rooms. David's room is a lovely shade of pink and the other bedroom is a mixture of pink, peach, and some other girly hues.

I suppose we made the boys put up with these colors long enough so we started taking down wallpaper border in the multi-colored room. Of course, it couldn't just be normal border. The previous owners had it done very fancy-like for their daughter. On top of the border there was stenciled plaster in the shape of leaves. Let me just say, it was a great time to grab the ol' spackle knife and scrape and scrape some more. Finally, the job was done, and I only had a few battle scars (better than usual).

Now...we move on to the paint....WAH!! I have to say that I am still burnt out from painting the entire house in Indiana right before we sold it.

Chris offered to hire painters, but I thought I needed to take the project on myself. I should have just kept my mouth shut....must have been hormonal that day. I can always count on my eager estrogen to kick in.

Hopefully, it will not take me as long to paint as it did to remove the border....we will see.

No comments: