Tuesday, March 4, 2008

And I Thought Indiana Weather was Bizarre!

Tornado sirens blared and meteorologists earned their pay yesterday. The city of Nashville was under a tornado warning all morning long. Chris called me and the plant had taken cover. Hmmm...maybe something is going to happen...it was about 65 degrees outside and we were experiencing a torrential downpour of rain, but no winds or anything of a tornadic nature! I think somebody in town became siren happy, just my thoughts, though. Finally the rain subsided, the ground swallowed most of the water, and the temperature dropped (no tornadoes here, whew! I guess there was some damage about 40 miles from us, but I was more worried about flooding than anything)....gonna be a cold front coming through we are told....

We wake up this morning and there is about 1 1/2 or 2 inches of SNOW on the ground...WHAT???!! This is so weird! It was mid 60s yesterday!

So, the boys wanted to play in the snow and build snowmen, but by the time we did our morning routines and were ready to go outside.....the snow was gone! (I was ok with this since I do not like snow and I have been under the weather for a few days.) Anyway, it came, it teased us, and it left....my poor hoosier, snow loving kids. Que sera sera....

No comments: